Your messaging feature includes more than just send and receive — with Dialpad chat, you can pull up messages based on search terms, archive certain discussions, and quickly share images or videos from one contact to the next.
Let's take a closer look at all your messaging options.
- Hover over the message you'd like to forward
- Select the Share icon > Forward
- Enter your contact's name or email address
- Add an additional message if necessary
- Select Forward Message send
- Hover over the message you'd like to favorite
- Select the Star icon
- Navigate to Inbox > Starred to see any favorited messages
- Hover over the message you'd like to mark as unread
- Select the Dots icon > Mark as unread
- Dialpad will mark the message as unread and return it to your inbox
Delete Message (or Thread)
- Hover over the message (or thread) you'd like to delete
- Select the Dots icon > Delete or Delete Thread
If you select Delete, the currently selected message will be deleted. If you select Delete Thread, all messages within the conversation thread will be deleted (including call and voicemail notifications).
Search Chat History
- Enter a search query into the Search bar
- Select the Messages tab to view any messages with the related term
Dialpad highlights related terms in blue to make sure you don't miss it. Select the message you're interested in, and you'll see it in the conversation thread.
Need to clean up past conversations? Right-click a contact in your Recent list to Archive the conversation.
Keep the following in mind:
- Archiving doesn't delete conversation history
- Archiving doesn't delete your contact
- If you select an archived conversation from search, it'll reappear in your Recent list