At Dialpad, we're all about individuality. The generic, robo-voicemail just isn't going to cut it. That's why we give you the option to record or upload your own .mp3 file.
You can customize a greeting by:
- Recording/uploading from your computer (requires Chrome)
- Recording from your phone
Let's take a look at the steps for each.
Record from your Computer
- Navigate to Dialpad.com > Your Settings > Voicemail & Missed Calls
- Select Record a Greeting
- A pop-up will appear prompting you to name your greeting, followed by a record button
Recorded greetings are capped off at 45 seconds. Once you've completed your recording, you'll have the option to Playback, Rename, or Delete.
Upload from your Computer
Uploading your own .mp3 file requires:
- Max. file size of 10MB
- Google Chrome
You can record/upload more than one voicemail greeting.
Record from your Phone (user and VM PIN)
- Call your direct Dialpad # from your cell or SIP device
- When prompted, enter your User & Voicemail PIN
- An IVR message will prompt you to record a new greeting