To get started, you'll need to access certain URLs and IDs from Okta + Dialpad.
Let's take a look at the steps required using our example domain (lojackphone.com)
Step 1 - Add the Application
- Log into Okta
- Navigate to Applications
- Select Browse App Catalog
- Search for “Dialpad” and click on the Dialpad (SAML, Provisioning) integration.
- Click Add, and enter an Application Label and click Done.
You will see the Dialpad application instance created for your org.
Step 2 - Configure Dialpad Service Provider attributes into Okta
- In another tab, navigate to your Dialpad web portal Admin Settings
- From within Company Settings, click Authentication and select SAML to select Okta from the provider drop-down.
In the Okta admin tab of the browser, where the Dialpad application was previously configured, navigate to Sign On and click on Edit
Here, scroll down to Advanced Sign-On Settings and paste the SP (Service Provider) related attributes in the corresponding fields:
Next, on the same page, under Credentials Details, choose the Application username format as Email and click on Save.
Step 3 - Configure Okta Identity Provider attributes into Dialpad
From the Okta admin tab of the browser, where the Dialpad application was previously configured, navigate to the Sign On tab and click on View Setup Instructions.
Take note of the IDP Entity ID(Issuer), IDP SSO URL, and Certificate. You'll be pasting these into Dialpad in the next step. (Note that the actual values would differ, reflecting your org URL in Okta)
Navigate back to your Okta SAMLConfiguration page on the Dialpad web portal to paste in your values and save your changes.
Step 4 - Login with Okta
💡 Before a User can use Okta SSO, they must already exist within Okta, and be provisioned in Dialpad.
To make life nice and easy, Users can log in with Okta right from their Dialpad apps (desktop + mobile) or web portal.
- On your login screen, select Login with another provider.
- Enter the domain of your Company. (In our example we're using lojackphone.com - be sure to substitute this with your organization's domain and you will be redirected to Okta.
- Enter your Okta credentials and click on Sign In to get logged in to Dialpad.