Receiving unwelcome calls and/or messages? With call blocking, you can take back control of who contacts your line (includes fax numbers too).
To block a number:
- Navigate to the Conversation Thread>Profile>Edit contact and scroll to the bottom of your screen and select Block to reveal the blocking options
- Select Block or Mark as spam
You'll be presented with two options: block and allow voicemails or block all communications.
Blocking applies to both calls and messages, so a message sent from a blocked contact/number won't display on your end.
Block & Allow Voicemails
- Your caller will be sent directly to your voicemail
- The call will be displayed in your call log
- The caller moves to the top of your Recent list
- If a voicemail is left, you'll receive a notification
- The contact will have the words Straight to Voicemail displayed beneath their name
Block All Communications
- Your caller will automatically receive a text to speech message: "Sorry, this number is not in service...Goodbye."
- No notifications are triggered
- The call is not displayed in your call log
- The contact will have the word Blocked displayed beneath their name
Need to unblock a contact? Navigate to back to the edit profile screen and select Unblock Contact.
Blocking a Department Contact
Your Department, Mainline, or Call Center Admin will need to follow the steps below:
Department Admins will need to navigate to their group line inbox and locate the contact or search for the department contact under the Department Contacts tab, then open the Conversation Thread, click 'Edit contact', and select 'Block' to reveal the blocking options.
The contact will only be blocked for that group line, if it needs to be blocked across multiple group lines, these steps will need to followed in each department/mainline/call center.
If block someone on my line, does it block it across the company?
No, it'll just block it for you. If you want it blocked across shared lines, reach out to your Admin to block that number.
Can shortcodes/emergency numbers/special numbers be blocked?
Is there a way to review a list of all Office, Department, or Call Center's blocked numbers?
Not at this time.
What happens if I delete a blocked contact and then re-interact with them?
The contact is recreated and is unblocked.
If there are multiple contacts with the same number, and I block that number, will Dialpad display all contacts as blocked?
No. If you block a contact and then there's another contact with that same number, we will not show that the second contact was blocked. However, calls from that number will still be blocked.